The Art of Mark Farbrother

A Blog containing the art I produce, which contains a fair amount of animal portraits, plus other bits n' bobs. I hope you enjoy my work. I am open for commissions.

Friday 31 March 2017

Princess Leia

In 1977 I, like a lot of eager cinema goers queued to see this new film, Star Wars, and what a wonderful experience it was. So many talking points, and so many shining lights, stars were born that day.
One of them was the beautiful Carrie Fisher who portrayed Princess Leia. She was a natural beauty, not a plastic Hollywood icon, but one who exuded pure beauty, intelligence, and fun.
I've been meaning to draw this picture since her death, a picture that's been drawn many times, by many artists. A sad loss, and a life taken way to early. I'm sure her star is shining brightly somewhere, in our hearts, and our memories.
This is my take... I hope you like it?
Drawn on A4 Winsor and Newton 220gsm Smooth Cartridge paper, using black Uni-Pin Fineliner pens 0.05 - 0.3, and Winsor and Newton black drawing ink.


No comments:

Post a Comment